Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lotus Notes Synchronization

Is anyone aware if we can synchronize Lotus Notes Calendar & Email (on enterprise servers) to iPhone.

Considering a number of us use Lotus notes for enterprise mail, are we limited in options to either use iCAL or MS Exchange.

Most PDA's of the likes of iPhone have the capability to support numerous platforms.

Am ready with cash to buy the iPhone, however if Lotus notes as a functionality is not on the offer - it defeats the purpose of managing two PDA's as we spend a dominant part of our lives at work 😉

Any solutions for sync software or comments ... welcome

Cheers .... in the waiting to get to the iPhone....

V

iPhone Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 12, 2007 5:20 PM

6 replies

Jul 12, 2007 7:22 PM in response to RonAnnArbor

Thanks for sharing that information. It helps in my decision process to wait for the next generation of iPhone.

Have you heard if Apple is considering building that software compatibility in the near future. Am sure there are lot of professionals that would like to have one device to cover all - calendar, internet, iTunes / iPod, GPS, etc.

Seems like at some stage Apple will have to consider the upgrade to faciliate competing with the likes to Blackberry, Treo's in the market place once the iMania crowd saturates & futher product extensions are needed to keep iPhone in demand.

Cheers ! V

Jul 12, 2007 10:25 PM in response to VinnyAnand

I have been using Lotus Notes for years on PC and MAC client. I have been working to get my iphone sync with Lotus Notes. The only real way to do it short term. Is to run the Lotus Domino for Outlook option against your Domino mail file. You can connect to your Lotus Notes via Outlook. Then you should be able to sync OutLook to iphone.

I was not able to do this myself, since I sync my iPhone first to my MAC, which matted it to my MAC OS. You can't sync between itunes on MAC and PC on same iphone. So when I setup the PC and Outlook for Domino is was useless to sync with my iPhone due to MAC OS sync limitation.

My mail syncs fine with IMAP on Domino and iphone, minus my calendar and directory from Notes. But currently I have to export my Domino Calendar and Directory to iCal and Address book on MAC. Then sync them to my iphone.

Not a perfect solution, but I very much doubt that someone is going to build a direct sync from Lotus Notes on Mac directly to my iPhone anytime soon.

best of luck...

iphone

Jul 17, 2007 7:41 PM in response to socceteer

Thank you so much for sharing the information about companionlink. The website does claim to offer iPhone Sync with Lotus notes. Not sure how that works as it does not provide much information.

Might be worthwhild contacting companionlink to gain a better understanding of the software they recommend.

Hope you had some luck with using the beta version trials...

Cheers, V

Jul 18, 2007 3:33 PM in response to VinnyAnand

I downloaded the beta and started to play with it. The first thing I discovered is that you must have Microsoft Outlook installed, because Itunes will only let you sync from Outlook or Yahoo Address Book. I did have a copy of Outlook, so I installed it and I made the mistake of trying to link it to yahoo mail. Some how it made a mess.

So I tried another machine, since I could not get out of the problem of "files not found", even after I un-installed and re-install.

Once I installed outlook and Companionlink on the other machine. I had to open Itunes and make sure to select to sync with outlook, and then I ran the Companionlink sync program. Every thing synchronized well, I have all my calendar and contacts in both Outlook and the iPhone.

Two problems.

1) the sync is manual.
2) The sync took 1 hour to copy the entries. It actually selected every entry on my calendar going back to 2001 and copied them into the iPhone and outlook. which was not that bad if it only had to do it the first time, however every time I sync it reads all 3650 calendar entries again. Even if you only made 1 change. So it took another 30 minutes to sync 1 new calendar entry.

However it is the only thing available now. I sure hope Apple decides to support Lotus Notes. all my friends at work will be getting iPhones if they could replicate their calendar from Lotus Notes.

I have a 14 day trial period I will continue to play with it. However the Apple thru iTunes is the right solution.

Lotus Notes Synchronization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.