Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes, burnt CD of a playlist, track volumes are not the same?

I have checked Sound Check in the iTunes Preferences but this seems to only work within the computer.But I want to burn cd's so that the track volumes are all the same level. Any idea where I start?

iMac 800 G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 13, 2007 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2007 7:48 AM

iTunes' effects, as you found, are rendered in real time, the original files are not altered, so when you burn CD's, there is no change.

Another user (Chris?) suggested that iVolume will make the adjustments to the files burnt to CD, might be worth a try:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20728
6 replies

Jul 15, 2007 1:27 AM in response to Kuhu

I create playlist in iTunes and then burn a CD.
Is there any way that the tracks on this burnt CD be
made all the same volume? Sorry, I did not ask the question properly. I know that you cannot alter a cd after it is burnt, so obviously I must do something before the burning happens. What do I have to do before the CD is burnt so that it ends up with all tracts the same volume?

Jul 16, 2007 1:37 AM in response to HangTime

Did you try the software to which I posted the link?

If you mean what Chris suggested in version tracker, ie iVolume, the answer is not yet. The reason being the feed back comments against this software. Some say it's good, others say its fair while others say it is no good. I am confused. But if this is the only way I will have to give it a go. Many thanks for your help.

iTunes, burnt CD of a playlist, track volumes are not the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.