Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

albums and artwork - identifying one album

772 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2007 7:54 AM by ibanez8181 RSS
Suzanne Butz Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 18, 2007 10:53 PM
Hi all,
Love the artwork feature. However, I have noticed that sometimes iTunes sees individual tracks on an album as separate albums. This has happened (so far) when iTunes has discovered an 'incorrect' album artwork and associated it with the album. I have deleted all copies of artwork from each track. I have then assigned the correct artwork to the first track. Sometimes the subsequent tracks appear as the one album, sometimes they just exist as separate albums with no artwork.

I have checked that all the album names are the same, and have even tried to mark some of them as compilations. Some sample albums I am having issues with are
Andrew Lloyd Webber's Premier Collection
The Best of Me (Bryan Adams)

It seems to be when there are various artists, although not all albums with various artists have this problem.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iTunes 7.2
  • ibanez8181 Calculating status...
    Jul 19, 2007 8:05 AM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    I noticed a similar occurrence where I'd have a single album and have all the information under "Get Info" the same for all of the tracks. I even check the box for "Part of Compilation" so it keeps them together, yet the first track is seen as a separate album (so you see 2 of the same album artwork). just thought I'd give you my 2 cents. If I figure it out I'll post the solution.

Power Mac G4 Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Power Mac G4   Mac OS X (10.4.10)  
  • Diane Wordsmith Level 5 Level 5 (5,990 points)
    Jul 20, 2007 5:11 PM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    I have deleted all copies of artwork from each track. I have then assigned the correct artwork to the first track.

You need to select all of the tracks and apply the artwork...not just the first track.

Diane Wordsmith
    iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9), iTunes 7.2, iPod Video (& an iMac running OS 9)
    Jul 20, 2007 6:04 PM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    Usually compilation will achieve this for me, but apparently it's not working for you. Just curious...which view are you using in iTunes?

Diane Wordsmith
  • Aslan1014 Calculating status...
    Jul 21, 2007 3:35 AM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    You need to make the Artist or Album Artist the same for the artwork to be unified.

But I have an entirely different issue altogether. The artwork that iTunes downloaded (dunno from where) is not for that particular CD. Not even for remakes of the same album; these are two entirely different albums.
    iPhone, MacBook Pro and Dell XPS, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Windows XP (for Dell PC)
    Jul 21, 2007 5:20 AM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    Suzanne,

You asked how to mark the tracks quickly? You can select all the tracks at once, do Get Info and mark them as compliation. It will apply to all of them at once.
  • ibanez8181 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    Jul 21, 2007 7:54 AM (in response to Suzanne Butz)
    Hi Suzanne,

I figured it out! After reading what some of these people posted I tried this:

1. Delete the album artwork for the (example: 12 tracks) in the album.

2. Highlight the whole album and select GET INFO

3. Uncheck or set COMPILATION to "NO" and select "OK"

4. Select GET INFO again, reset COMPILATION to "YES" and select "OK"

5. COPY the the correct album artwork to the PASTEBOARD

6. CONTROL-Click (Right-Click) on the album artwork area in the lower-left corner of iTunes (there's a button to make it become viewable) and PASTE the correct artwork there.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.
    Power Mac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.