Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to DataValet public WiFi

I am traveling in Montreal, Canada and I am trying to connect to the DataValet public wifi in Dorval Airport.

I can connect fine from my MacBook (which I am using now to write this). But my iPhone gives me the message "Safari can't open the page. The error was: lost network connection (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)"

Strange. My iPhone has connected to a number of public and private WiFi. This is the only one it can't connect to. It must be the way the welcome redirection is set up. Not sure what I can do. Has anyone else encounter this problem with a public WiFi?

MacBook, Powerbook 12, Cube, iPod, iPhone 😀 Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 21, 2007 4:17 AM

4 replies

Jul 21, 2007 8:05 AM in response to Bassphil

aI just realized that you might be in a zone where you don't even need to enter a password. In that case, I've discovered two things.

1- The Wi-Fi coverage on the phone is a lot worse than my Powerbook, so moving to a different location might help.

2- Tell the phone to "Forget this location" (or what ever it's called), then re-join the network has sometimes worked for me.

I hope this helps,

Cannot connect to DataValet public WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.