Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family plans, am I reading this wrong?

I found this on AT&T's forums and I'm looking for this info as well.
Everyone over there seems to think it will cost 109.99 per month for a family plan that includes only one iPhone

"I personally don't see how it can cost 109.99 for a family plan that includes one iPhone.
The Apple web site shows 80.00 for a family plan, which includes one iPhone thats already has unltd data.
Adding a second line cost's 9.99 that line has no data plan brings the total to 89.99.
I'm just switching to AT&T from Verizon due to the iPhone, I really hope the 89.99 is the correct cost.
I shouldn't be paying the same price as those with two iPhones. Since my second phone will be so limited compared to an iPhone."

iMac G5 20 Rev B 1.5G Ram 250GB HD, BT & AE, Mac OS X (10.4.10), TV 50" Samsung DLP

Posted on Jul 25, 2007 8:26 PM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2007 8:29 PM in response to iDad

You forgot to add on the 20 dollar minimum data plan -- you will indeed be paying 109.99 for the iPhone line on a family plan.

I pay 189.99 a month for a family plan with iPhone, two regular phones, text mail on all of them, data on the iPhone, Canada and International roaming plans added.

This is actually 20 dollars a month LESS than what I used to pay for the same plan with ATT with my older smartphone.

Jul 25, 2007 8:39 PM in response to RonAnnArbor

"You forgot to add on the 20 dollar minimum data plan"
What line does that get added? All iPhone plans include data, the second line will be just a voice line for 9.99 per month. iPhone gets all the data and both lines share 700 minutes.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=br owse&mco=556F9FCD&node=home/iphone/iphone

Jul 25, 2007 8:40 PM in response to iDad

iDad,

I first switched from Sprint to ATT on June 29th (no iPhone, just regular cheap cells). ATT has a $59.99/mo for 2 lines (no Data plan) and 550 minutes total.

Then one week later I added the iphone to my plan for an extra $20/mo (data plan) so right now I am showing $79.99/mo for one iPhone and one Razr (no data plan).

Hope this help.

F

Family plans, am I reading this wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.