Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing Issue - Significant screen delays while typing

While typing e-mails there seems to be something going on in the background that causes the screen to stop responding for several seconds at a time while you are typing. Let me explain - You Type A-P-P-L-E C-O-M-P-U-T-E-R, the screen sorts of freezes on L (with that big L frozen on screen). You can continue typing (no onscreen response or feedback) and all the letters you type in the interim will suddenly start filling in like the phone is typing all alone (it is basically catching up with you). This usually starts to happen about 5-10 seconds later after the frozen screen. Everything is fine for a few seconds of typing and then repeat. My guess/thought is it might be related to "Edge" being somehow accessed while typing but the little spinning timer thing is not always in motion when this is occuring so I am really not sure.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what is really causing it? Is there any solution for this?

I give Apple the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things because the products are generally solid and sound but the phone is using up a lot of my benefit of the doubt points - Ex. *PHONE CALL SPEAKER VOLUME *, Battery Life, Reboots (or whatever it is that takes you back to that main screen while doing whatever you are doing), & now this typing delay thing. This typing thing is a real irritation. I am still very happy with my phone, it is without question a great product, but the tiny irritations are mounting.

Thanks for any info.

Message was edited by: Michael McLennan

Message was edited by: Michael McLennan

G5 1.8 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 27, 2007 9:07 PM

4 replies

Typing Issue - Significant screen delays while typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.