Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Quits on Launch

I know I created this problem - I 'accidently' deleted the "iTuneshelper app" in my "Login Items" and since re-starting my computer, iTunes will not open - it "quits" on launch.

I have searched and searched for the "iTunesHelper app" with Spotlight and apart from a preference file I have not been able to find the app.

I cannot find the app on my laptop (Powerbook G4) either (Although it is in my "Login Items")

Does anyone know where I can find this app so that I can restore my iTunes ??

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 31, 2007 12:47 AM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2007 10:14 AM in response to Steve A.

I have the same problem my itnes comes up with a message sayin itunes has encounterd a problem and needs to close..... and so i looked on the internet to see y and it says something to do with firewall...so i turned it off didnt work....so then something esle said it need to updates so i updated it and still it doesnt work...(not opening)...so then i was i read a blog and it said u need a function quicktime to work itunes.....looked up quicktime problems it said the same thing......

Jul 31, 2007 9:23 PM in response to Carl Pullein

Hi Carl,

I found it for you... now that I'm home (was at work earlier).

Right-click (or Ctrl-click) on the iTunes icon in your Applications folder, and choose "Show Package Contents".

Open the Resources folder revealed to you, and scroll through the files until you see the iTunesHelper application. (it has the exact same icon as iTunes)

Simply drag that back into your Login Items and restart the computer. It should then work.

I would also repair permissions in Disk Utility following this, just in case...

Steve

iTunes Quits on Launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.