Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message - Brother DCP-330C

Very recently purchased a Brother DCP-330C. Prints, scans, and copies fine, but each time I start to print, I get the following error message:

(There's a camera at the top of the message)

Failed to connect to the device.
-Check the I/F cable connection between the device and your computer.
-Please turn OFF the device once, and then turn ON the device again.
Then try again.
[MTW005]

It prints fine in the meantime, and does what it's supposed to do, but I can't even get rid of the message (pressing OK on it does nothing, it just stays there). Turning on both the printer and the computer does nothing either. Tried removing all cables from the printer, and re-connecting them again, but still nothing.

Can't seem to find anything on the Brother website. I'm not even trying to connect a camera to the machine, yet I keep getting this message.

Help!

Posted on Jul 31, 2007 1:22 AM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2007 10:58 AM in response to pilgrim84

Seems to be a common problem. I googled that message and there were several responses about it. None that seemed to resolve it. I always just drag it down to the bottom and leave it there out of sight. It goes away after I shut down the printer and computer but comes back when I turn the printer on. VERY ANNOYING. I am going to try downloading a new driver off of Brother's web site.

Error message - Brother DCP-330C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.