Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: I need some router advice NETGEAR WGT624 wont connect wirelessly

I finally got this router to work through my desktop (G5) via the ethernet connection but I cant get it to connect to my laptop (powerbook G4) I see the network on my airport list but when I click on it; it just says cant access

netgear on line help says go to apple. How do I get my laptop to connect. I've had no problem with airport working prior to this and I only needed more ports on my router.

you can email me at xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com

G5 desktop and G4 laptop Mac OS X (10.4.10) Netgear wireless router WGT624

Message was edited by: epospiech

Message was edited by: Host

G5 desktop and G4 laptop, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Netgear wireless router WGT624

Posted on Jul 31, 2007 12:44 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2007 12:28 PM in response to epospiech

I finally got the netgear router to work;; I used Mac Janitor ( free unix program to clean up whatever unix needs cleaned up ) to clean things up and then started from scratch.

I reset the router, hooked up the cables as indicated including connecting my desktop to the router -- making sure that I that the ethernet cable from the cable modem is connected to the router in the isolated port (which I missed last time).

Then I unplugged the modem ( for at least two minutes ) and unplugged the router (waiting at least 1 min after the modem was turned on) , then power up my computer.

WHat happens next is that the router will work through my desktop connection to open up netgears site on line -- and their set up guide will allow you to set things up .

It really only took 15 min of so -- (but 2-3 days of frustration before to find this out)

I also had used disk utility to verify and repair and permissions.

If anyone had similar problems you can contact me at:
FrodoPrime@aol.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.