Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Application Support 4.0.1 for everyone?

Hello all~

to put it simply, my question is this: Is the Pro Application Support 4.0.1 something that everyone receives/sees/gets when they check software update?

I ask this, because as I ran my update today on my Macbook, along with the Safari 3, Aiport Extreme and Security Update there was this Pro Application Support Update. I USED TO have final cut express installed on this macbook but I uninstalled it, so I am suspicious that I may have uninstalled it incorrectly which is why I may be seeing this update...

OR... if everyone sees it (even those who never installed a 'pro' application), then I can rest assured that I may have indeed uninstalled it properly

-paul.

Posted on Jul 31, 2007 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2007 6:59 PM

Paul
Only Macs with one or more of the "Pro Apps" installed
will receive the "Pro App" Update.
Do a Spotlight search for "Final Cut Express".Trash whatever you find
6 replies

Jul 31, 2007 7:35 PM in response to JimUrban

thanks for that information!! now i just have to find out how to get rid of the 'extra files'... or rather, to even find them!! if i use spotlight i cant find any!

I looked through 'system profiler' to see what 'applications' i have, but final cut pro isn't there (or at least under that name)... i think i used AppZapper to get rid of final cut pro, so i would think it would have worked?

anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance.

Pro Application Support 4.0.1 for everyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.