Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending Fax From OSX Mac Computer To Fax Machine

I am curious if there is a way to send of fax from the computer (10.4.x) to a fax machine WITHOUT using a dial up phone modem?

G4 Dual 1.25

Posted on Aug 1, 2007 6:16 PM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2007 10:04 PM in response to Bruce De Benedictis

Hello Bruce

Apparently page sender will do what I want...

Hi,

Page Sender can serve as a client for several fax-via-Email services (efax.com, jConnect, MaxEmail, EasyLink) which maintain the phone line and modem for you (and charge you a fee for that service). One advantage to the fax-via-Email services is that you can avoid tying up your voice line if you have a DSL or Cable modem as your Internet connection because your E-mail will be sent via your DSL or Cable modem, but again you pay for the privilege.

Please contact them directly set up your account. Then in Pagesender's preference's choose the fax-via-Email service you have your created an account with.

Thanks for using PageSender from SmileOnMyMac!

Regards,

-Anderson
PageSender Support
support@pagesender.com

Aug 5, 2007 2:44 PM in response to Rev Dave

RELATED QUESTION and request for help -

To folks here...
Hey folks, I have an Apple fax related question nobody has responded to yet and I would really really appreciate some help and guidance. Maybe y'all are here and just haven't spotted it so apologies for posting here as well but here is my dilemma/predicament/problem:
-----------------
When I type in the phone number to fax TO in the "FaxPDF" box that comes up, the field begins to automatically populate with entries it thinks I'm about to type but when I highlight the text in there and type over it to put in another phone number, after I hit RETURN, it will repopulate the field starting with the entry it keeps thinking I'm trying to type and then after that it leaves some of the string of characters I typed originally. This is really annoying. It's as if the interface is determined to convince me that it knows to whom I want to fax even when I've already essentially told the thing that it was wrong and turned around and typed in the correct info.

Solution? Is there a buffer I need to clear out to get this working properly again?

Somebody somewhere else not on this forum suggested I try DISabling the iSyncing of my Apple addressbook (which I'd rather not do since then it won't sync with my iPhone and/or Treo). So - what do you think?

Sending Fax From OSX Mac Computer To Fax Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.