Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jam Pack 4 Symphony Orchestra - No Expression or Articulation

Hey Gang,

I have all 5 GB Jam Packs and they all work as advertised in GB & but Symphony Orchestra does not work properly in Logic. The instruments are fine but the Expressions and Articulations do not work at all.

Any thoughts on why I go 5-for-5 in GB and only 4-for-5 in Logic??

Thanks In Advance,

Dave

DP 2.0 G5 PPC, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 4 GB RAM Logic Pro 7.2.3

Posted on Aug 1, 2007 11:13 PM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2007 6:11 AM in response to jord

Hey Jord,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the depth of the EXS-24 and can't find the 'controls' of which you speak. But I'm trying... Is it in the book?

Note: I'm a hobbyist so it's not like $$ are riding on this. I just found it odd that all GB JP's work in GB and 4/5 work in Logic. Some strings in Sym. Orch. are really all I was trying to articulate. I can do it the long way but when I find something that doesn't jive I usually try to fix it.

Any more help or advice would be appreciated,

Dave

P.S. The Knee Brace thing is funny.

Aug 4, 2007 6:47 AM in response to Dave Buckley

Hi,
I haven't worked with this in awhile, but this may be your problem. My note to myself reads 'for the articulations in Pack 4 to work assign mod wheel to channel 4 (not 1)'. On my 49e keyboard that translates to Advanced Functions C4# - D4 - C5,
Hope this is clear or you can puzzel it out. The articulations are there. It's a bug, and not your fault.

Good Luck,

Ray

Aug 4, 2007 9:05 AM in response to Raymond Nelson

So, out of curiosity, if someone wanted to endure the hassle, could they enter the edit mode of the EXS24, and manually change the group "select by" parameters from "Ctrl/4" to "Ctrl/1"? Or would that lead to other (horrific) unintended consequences?

While I'm on the topic, I've noticed that the string groups of JP4 Symphony Orchestra include an "upbow" and a "downbow"? Are these intended to be accessed independently, or does the downbow simply function as an attack for the upbow sound?

- Bob

Jam Pack 4 Symphony Orchestra - No Expression or Articulation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.