Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer crashes and I lose my Pages document

I have a fairly new MacBook Pro and I have problems when it goes to sleep and the screen won't wake up whilst the rest does. Anyway I have to force it to close down and when I restart it, I have several times lost documents I was creating in Pages. Pages doesn't seem to have any sort of backup facility - am I missing something or am I doomed to have lost everything since I saved (or didn't!)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Retrieving lost files in Pages

Posted on Aug 2, 2007 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2007 6:50 AM

How do you wake up your mac? I press the ESC (escape key) when my iBook is in a sound sleep. (hard drive has spun down)

If you restart you do lose everything. Pages has no autosave.

Maybe it is old habits from using an older mac but I rarely leave docs open when I leave the computer. I save and close them.

Kurt
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2007 6:50 AM in response to ThomDennis

How do you wake up your mac? I press the ESC (escape key) when my iBook is in a sound sleep. (hard drive has spun down)

If you restart you do lose everything. Pages has no autosave.

Maybe it is old habits from using an older mac but I rarely leave docs open when I leave the computer. I save and close them.

Kurt

Computer crashes and I lose my Pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.