Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shutdowns

hi ,
every since the new 2007 -007 security update , my mac seems to shutdown on its own , i wud like to add , i updated , the new safari , the new airport and this security update ,
have had a real problem , whenever the macbook is on battery , i.e its not on charge , the system shuts down , i happened twice during the last two days , and just happened a little while ago , the reminder which pops up when the battery is less than 10% didnt pop up , and it just went off
restarted it and it was fine ,
shows as if nothing wrong happened , no crash report nothing doing

Mac OS X (10.4.10), processor 2ghz, memory 512, macbook 13"

Posted on Aug 2, 2007 2:47 PM

13 replies

Aug 2, 2007 9:25 PM in response to Tom Ratliff

mate there was this battery update released some time back , which was version 1.2 here's the link
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305256

the thing is i did update this one , and to my surprise just like it is shown on this page , after pressing apple + i , in the info window , u can see the version 1.2 but im my /system/library/systemconfiguration
there is a bundle but there is no column such as version , it doesnt seem like version 1.2
could all the trouble be due to this problem

Aug 2, 2007 9:51 PM in response to Graham K. Rogers

im in india mate , yeah we do have apple customer support stores here , but i didnt think its that big a problem , thought it wud be something like the RSD , and if u suggest this , ill wait a little , my macbook jst got an year older on the 31st of july ,
warranty fix or no fix , doesnt really matter , i jst need the system to be fine

want u guys to come up with good solutions , customer support is at its own place , the machine is fine , 3 shutdowns within last 4 days , im putting it to test now , lets see
for the time being u can think of a solution
thank u

Aug 2, 2007 10:20 PM in response to rahulch007

I wondered it that might be your location. Sometimes Apple support is not as effective as in the US or elsewhere.

That battery replacement program should apply worldwide so go for it. That would at least remove one problem area from the situation.

Three shutdowns in 4 days? I would not be happy with that: who knows what that could upset in the system eventually?

Aug 2, 2007 11:37 PM in response to rahulch007

it has happened again , the real problem is whenever the battery gets below or gets to 10% charge , the system shuts down ,
it does not give a low level warning ,
i just saw it in the system profiler , under hardware where there is the power option , its written
first low level warning --- no

shud it b yes , and if yes then who changed it , how do i change it
doesnt seem like that big a problem , but what to do

shutdowns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.