Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WaveBurner is not naming tracks. Not seeing the track names in iTunes.

I just finish cutting up my dj mix in WaveBurner & want to name each track individually. I have followed the manual & have named every track in the "cd text" option & the "cd track info " option but when i bounce or burn the whole mix it does not tag the tracks.
I pop the cd or file into itunes or my car & it reads only "track 1 - 17 " but no tag info such as track names , contact , etc .
what should i do ?

dual 2.5 g5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 6, 2007 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 12:33 PM

hi, get something that will read cd text.
itunes won't, atm.
some cd/dvd's won't.
you've got one that won't.
DR9.
6 replies

Dec 30, 2010 12:34 PM in response to pioneerfree

I just finish cutting up my dj mix in WaveBurner & want to name each track individually. I have followed the manual & have named every track in the "cd text" option & the "cd track info " option but when i bounce or burn the whole mix it does not tag the tracks. I pop the cd or file into itunes or my car & it reads only "track 1 - 17 " but no tag info such as track names , contact , etc . what should i do ?

Hi,

Waveburner is operating correctly.

The issue is with iTunes, which does NOT read text from CDs, and is a known fact.

Also your car stereo that probably does not read CD text info. I do not know of any car stereos that do read text info. What does you car stereo manual say about text info display? Can it, or does it not say? Can you get in touch with the mfr, and find out? Let us know what they said...

Cheers

David and ≠eq are right - only some players support CD Text. I have an Alpine car stereo which does, and there are many others - for the most part, later models.

Even though you can't see the CD text on your players, to check if it's in fact there, try this:

Insert your CD into your Mac

Open Terminal
type drutil cdtext
hit return
and it should show the track data if it's there

Dec 30, 2010 12:34 PM in response to noeqplease

ok so i dragged all 17 files into "Toast 7.1 " and made sure all the info was tagged correctly per track , & nothing , the same thing happen , the burned cd just simply shows "tracks 1 -17 .. I re-named all the traxx as well in i-tunes ,sent it to "cddb" then burned a cd , asked to "get cd track names " ----- and nothing same !@# *.

What program can i use to properly tag my mix cds ,so that when an individual pops it into any cd player that reads/shows text, the info i tagged it with will show up ???

I want my cd to have a all the info/track listing etc that a standard commercial cd would have ..What program ??

My cd burner in my g5 says "media : no" what does that mean?
but says yes to all other options.
& my car cd player "pioneer" does read text .

I had an idea,, if i were to chop the mix up in logic & run the mix/each song separately across 17 "audio channels", name the file then go to : file> export > all tracks as audio files ..
Would i be able to drop that folder into i-tunes or toast & burn a cd with no gaps , would that keep the original file info i tagged & pop up on all cd players that read text ?
thmx
pf

the burned cd just simply shows "tracks 1 -17

That's correct. I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Gracenote or CDDB data has nothing to do with CD Text.

The CD Text option is stored as data as part of the burned files internally, either in the first lead-in area of the CD which has about 5KB of available space available, or as part of the subchannels which have a capacity of about 30MB.

First, make sure your CD burner is capable of burning CD Text. As Eos suggested in an earlier post, type 'drutil info' (no apostrophes) into the terminal and see what is says. This is the important line to look for:

CD-Write: -R, -RW, BUFE, CDText, Test, IndexPts, ISRC

If you don't see this, you don't have a capable burner. As we seem to be using the same Power Mac, that's unlikely.

Now, if you correctly entered this info in to Waveburner, you should see something like this if you type 'drutil cdtext' into your Terminal:

User uploaded file

As you can see, the song titles are there between the 'string' tags. If you're not seeing this, then something went wrong in entering the CD Text data.

WaveBurner is not naming tracks. Not seeing the track names in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.