Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I rotate photos in iMovie 6 ?

I am making a slide show for my daughter. I need to rotate some of the photos. Can I do that in iMovie 6 ? That seems like a resonable request of such a nice program. It is easy to do in Vegas Studio, and even Premiere Elements. I looked everywhere and cannot find out how to do it. Thanks very much for you help. Roger

hp, Choose, none

Posted on Aug 6, 2007 3:38 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2007 3:57 PM in response to Rogerb1

Hi Roger - The company GeeThree has an iMovie plugin as part of a package, that will do that rotation for you:
http://www.geethree.com/slick/index.html
But there are other ways.
They can be rotated and saved in iPhoto, and in Preview. If they still refuse to import correctly, what I do is to make a very minor adjustment of some aspect of the photo in Photoshop, save and re-import. The correct orientation always remains fixed after that.
User uploaded file

Aug 6, 2007 4:07 PM in response to Rogerb1

One solution is to use iPhoto to rotate a photo before importing it to iMovie. (Remember, iMovie is one of several iLife applications that all work together. Usually, whatever object you edit in one can be used in another, letting iMovie inherit all the photo-editing features of iPhoto.)

Launch iPhoto; locate the photo and click on it. To duplicate the photo, choose Photos > Duplicate.

Click on the duplicate photo, then click on the Rotate icon at the bottom of the window.

Drag the rotated photo directly from iPhoto to the iMovie Timeline. Or use iMovie's Media tab to import the photo.

Karl

Can I rotate photos in iMovie 6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.