Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help with dvd drive - region code error

Hi, I really need to change the drive region code on my Ibook G4 (OS X 10.4.10) back to Region 2. I'm allowed to change it one last time.
But the trouble is, when I try and change it and click 'set drive region' it just comes up with an error message -70001, 'There was a problem changing the drive region code.'
I've reset the PMU and PRAM/NVRAM but it still does it.
Can anybody help me at all? It's driving me mad, I was banking on being able to change it back to my Region one last time...

ibook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 8, 2007 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2007 7:02 PM

Insert a DVD which is set to play in only one region; if you try using up your last change with a DVD that can play in some but not all regions, that error message will appear. Many DVDs which are set to play in region 2 will also play in region 4.

(23521)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2007 7:02 PM in response to dhilton

Insert a DVD which is set to play in only one region; if you try using up your last change with a DVD that can play in some but not all regions, that error message will appear. Many DVDs which are set to play in region 2 will also play in region 4.

(23521)

help with dvd drive - region code error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.