Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable power and brightness buttons on Apple Cinema Displays in a lab?

We have a combination of new-model (DVI/silver) 20" Apple Cinema Displays as well as old-model (ADC/plastic) 20" Apple Cinema Displays in our computer labs. All of our computers are running Mac OS X 10.4.10.

I would like to disable the power and brightness buttons on these displays. I know I can do this manually by logging into each computer as an administrator, selecting System Preferences > Displays > Options, and checking the appropriate boxes, but obviously I'd like a leaner, meaner solution.

By the way, the option did not propogate via imaging, so it makes me think this is not a preference that's written to a .plist file somewhere. (I looked and looked and couldn't find a key in any preference file where these settings are stored...)

Does anyone know of a Unix terminal command or an Applescript command that I could send to all of my lab computers via Apple Remote Desktop to accomplish this?

Xserve G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 8, 2007 4:25 PM

1 reply

Disable power and brightness buttons on Apple Cinema Displays in a lab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.