Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand '08 and Rewire

Hi,

I'm using Reason 3.0.5 as well as GarageBand. I just installed iLife '08 and ever since then, I have had issues with using Reason through Rewire. I've used Reason and GarageBand for about 3 years now and have never had any problems. What I create in Reason will only play in the left channel and I can't seem to get it to play in stereo. The GarageBand instruments play fine in stereo and when I play the file in Reason without GarageBand, it also plays fine in stereo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alex

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iLife '08

Posted on Aug 8, 2007 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2007 12:49 PM

Exactly the same here.

BTW, there is also no fix for the known problem that the ReWire audio connection between Reason and GarageBand is broken when Ableton Live is installed on the same Mac.
29 replies

Aug 16, 2007 8:17 AM in response to eiskalteschatten

I've got the very same problem. Sound from Reason 3.0.5 only plays in left channel.

I also have a problem with Reason only playing from start no matter where I ask Reason to start playing in the song. If I move the cursor to the middle of the song and press play, it will start playing from the beginning no matter what.

If I control the song from Garageband I can start whereever I want to.

PLEASE APPLE WE ARE WORKING WITH DEADLINES HERE !!!!

Aug 17, 2007 7:56 AM in response to Zool The Tool

I am having exactly the same problem as the rest of the people here. I use GB 08 and Reason 3.0.5 but in Rewire, only the left ear of Reason comes through. Also, I can only play the Reason track from the beginning.

I figured the more people who post messages, the more Apple will pay attention!

Is there any way to contact apple concerning glitches?

Aug 19, 2007 4:09 PM in response to eiskalteschatten

Thank you for that feedback link. I agree, we need to raise a stink about this. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I also took the step of sending an email to Propellerheads. If their software won't work with Garageband, perhaps they will get on Apple's case to fix the problem. Apple might respond more quickly to their complaints than to ours. 🙂

GarageBand '08 and Rewire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.