Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 08 and iMovie HD 6.0.4

Hi

If a understand well, after installing iMovie 08, iMovie HD 6.0.3 remains on the hard drive in a seperate folder, ready to use?
So, what's the meaning of that iMovie HD 6.0.4 download?
Any ideas?
Just curious.

Frank

iMac FP 800 Mhz-512 Ram/ PM G5 1,8GHz- 2000 Ram, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 9, 2007 7:39 AM

8 replies

Aug 9, 2007 10:09 AM in response to Frank Bauwens

The reason iMovie 06 stays on the computer is for people who can't run iMovie 08. iMovie 08 will not run on any G4's at all. So Apple has said if you buy a new computer or have not updated iLife in awhile you can download iMovie 06 for free. This is of course for people who can't install iMovie 08 if you can you don't need iMovie 06 anymore.

Aug 9, 2007 10:22 AM in response to Frank Bauwens

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html
The system requirements seem a bit confusing but the key words are iLife 08.
I have 6.0.3 (but not iLife 08) and Software Update shows nothing available for my computer.
So it seems it is only for those that have iLife 08. My guess it that something in the design of iLife 08 required iMovie 6.0.3 be updated.
The update is not for any other previous install of iMovie.

Aug 9, 2007 2:09 PM in response to bhatsau

*where is the old imovie6 kept once you install imovie08*
Its in a folder called Previous iMovie 6 or something like that.

+also, does it remain fully functional or does installing the new imovie08 cause some glitches with the old version?+
As they are separate programs from the ground up, it will remain fully functional.

Sep 4, 2007 3:10 AM in response to Greif

Is the download for people that buy new macs with iLife 08 pre-installed? The wording "purchase and install" is ambiguous since iLife comes with the macs it is not technically purchased it is given to you and it is not installed by you. This may sound like splitting hairs, but has anyone bought a mac with iLife 08 installed and successfully downloaded iMovie 6 HD?

iMovie 08 and iMovie HD 6.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.