Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone Help! MP3 ringtones on Soundtrack Pro.

I was wondering what is the proper way to make a ringtone on this program?
I spend so much money on this Audio program, it should atleast be able to trim audio (mainly 25 seconds) and be able to keep it at small size. (Under a 1mb.)

Everytime i open up a mp3 music file (3 MB) on Soundtrack pro, and after I trim it to 25 seconds, add the fade in & outs, then when i try to save it. It saves it as a big file, over 35 MB and makes it a soundtrack pro file.

Can someone please help? 😟
Step by step...

Mac Book Pro with 2gig of ram, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 9, 2007 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2007 9:29 AM

Javier,

Soundtrack Pro does not let you save to an .mp3 (odd, eh?). However, this does not mean you're sunk.

Export your audio clip to .aiff and then open it in either Audacity or iTunes (both free on-line). You can export your file to .mp3 from either program (but you'll have to download another free file to do so with Audacity... the Audacity website will walk you through it).

Hope that helps!

~Luke
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2007 9:29 AM in response to Javier Chorrillos

Javier,

Soundtrack Pro does not let you save to an .mp3 (odd, eh?). However, this does not mean you're sunk.

Export your audio clip to .aiff and then open it in either Audacity or iTunes (both free on-line). You can export your file to .mp3 from either program (but you'll have to download another free file to do so with Audacity... the Audacity website will walk you through it).

Hope that helps!

~Luke

Someone Help! MP3 ringtones on Soundtrack Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.