Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ODBC Support

I'd like to know if numbers can import data from a database using odbc. I am a heavy user of excel and the Actual ODBC drivers on my mac. Before considering numbers for its design aspects, I'd like to make sure I can still interact with dynamic data from a database. Does anyone know if numbers supports this?

Mac Pro & Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 9, 2007 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2007 12:22 PM

Don't think so. Have not found anything so suggest it does from the menus or searching the text of the userguide.

My guess (and that's all I have) is that this was not seen as mainstream enough for version 1.0. Personally I am still at the stage of being frustrated that I can't do things the Excel way, rather than enjoying the new pproach to doing spreadsheets. Need to play more.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2007 12:22 PM in response to Ketema Harris

Don't think so. Have not found anything so suggest it does from the menus or searching the text of the userguide.

My guess (and that's all I have) is that this was not seen as mainstream enough for version 1.0. Personally I am still at the stage of being frustrated that I can't do things the Excel way, rather than enjoying the new pproach to doing spreadsheets. Need to play more.

ODBC Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.