Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2007 4:42 PM by lynn117
c_kyr Level 2 Level 2 (235 points)
Could one of the lucky owners of the new 20'' iMac (aluminum) let us know what is the size of the packaging box?
I want to carry it in a suitcase and trying to find out if it fits.
Thanks a lot!

MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.10)
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (251,085 points)
    The information is in the full specifications information for the product on the Apple Online Store. Did you bother to look?

Size (H x W x D)

20" Model
    18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inches
    46.9 x 48.5 x 18.9 cm
    Weight 20 pounds (9.1 kg)

24'' Model
    20.5 x 22.4 x 8.1 inches
    52.0 x 56.9 x 20.7 cm
    Weight 25.4 pounds (11.5 kg)
  • mikegoldnj Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)
    He's asking about the size of the packaging not the computer.
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (251,085 points)
    Duh. That is the size of the package.
  • Ric Hepburn Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    I don't have one of the new ones, but my 20" model has packaging dimensions of 23.5"x9.75"x23". That's the inside white Apple box. Hope this helps.
    You're not really this ignorant, are you?

Those are the specs for the computer....from the iMac Technical Specifications page.
  • Heene Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)
    if you go to the store, then click gallery, you will see pictures with the measurements. I tried to post this earlier today, but it would not post.
  • macaddict2206 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I have one of the New iMac I am not sure the exact size but I do know it is height wise bigger and length wise smaller than my G5 box. At Least it looks that way
  • c_kyr Level 2 Level 2 (235 points)
    Please don't be so ignorant...
    I wish you were right though. Maybe this could be true for all apple products.

Size of ipod nano package (according to specs and your logic):

Size and weight
    Height: 3.5 inches
    Width: 1.6 inches
    Depth: 0.26 inch
    Weight: 1.41 ounces

How! Imagine how small the ipod is!
  • c_kyr Level 2 Level 2 (235 points)
    Thank you all for your replies.

I am looking for the size of the packaging box and not the machine. Unfortunately, the size in the gallery and the specs is the size of the iMac.

Looking forward to an owner with a measuring tape!
  • Heene Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)
    i know, my post was supposed to be in response to the person that claimed the measurements were of the box.
  • cguevara Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
  • myhighway Level 5 Level 5 (7,270 points)
    +I want to carry it in a suitcase and trying to find out if it fits.+

Hello c_kyr!

There would have been no confusion if the above sentence had not appeared as part of your question, or if you had specified what "it" meant, or had included that the box was to remain unopened as a gift.

You do owe Kappy, the first one who tried to translate your question and respond, an apology for your rudeness.

Based on the wording of your post, who would have assumed you wanted to carry the whole thing, including the shipping box, in a suitcase, since the factory box is sufficient for shipping as is? In the previous three years, a good number of members have asked how to carry their iMacs in luggage and not once did anyone mean to carry the box along. The usual recommendation, I'm sure you already know, was the iLugger.

Four days later and still no exact measurements, although it's very likely no larger than the measurements provided by member Ric Hepburn, if that's any help.
    ...and if you had bothered to actually read the first sentence of his post you would clearly understand what "it" meant.
  • myhighway Level 5 Level 5 (7,270 points)
    No answer in four days might indicate you're probably not correct.

Oh, and now I notice that you also owe Kappy an apology. There's no place on these Discussions for derogatory comments, as those providing answers are doing their best.

Message was edited by: myhighway
Previous 1 2 Next