Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Delivery Subsystem Failure using gmail on iphone

I have been unable to send email on my gmail account. The email gets returned with a "Mail Delivery Subsystem" error.

I have read the various posts and my failed with the update too. I was unable to find the fix.

Any help would be great.

iphone, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 10, 2007 1:53 AM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2007 4:05 PM in response to Curt Scott II

I would recommend deleting the GMail account on the iPhone, resetting it, and recreating it using Settings / Mail / Add New Account / Other, and use

pop.gmail.com as incoming server
smtp.gmail.com as outgoing server

See if after you save that account you can use it, without making any other changes to Advanced Settings. Also, make sure you test this connecting through EDGE to make sure it works. You can test WiFi later.

Mail Delivery Subsystem Failure using gmail on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.