Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server Admin can't see hard drive with user's Sites folder

I have a G5 XServer with two hard drives running 10.4.10 co-located at an ISP. I had recently brought it home and did a clean install of the OS and put new accounts (mainly to host multiple web sites) on it that were different than before, and this time I installed the operating system on the second hard drive leaving the original in place.

Everything works fine EXCEPT that when using +Server Admin+ to set the Web Sites to point to the various home directories (click web, click settings, click Site, Click 'plus' to add a new site or 'pencil' to edit one, then click '...' to select the folder), +Server Admin+ *cannot see the new home directories* on the hard disk I am currently using. It can only see the old directories on the old hard drive.

(Note: I observed the same issue when trying to set the FTP root directory.)

How can I get +Server Admin+ to look at files on the other hard drive (the one I am booting from)?

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 10, 2007 10:58 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2007 6:16 PM in response to Camelot

Camelot wrote:
Who cares?

Just type in the path to the directory you want to use. You don't have to select it via the File dialog.
Just type in the path to the directory you want to use. You don't have to select it via the File dialog.

That didn't work either.

It turns out that both hard disks were named the same (I don't know how I screwed that up), so I went in with Disk Utility and changed one of the names.

Message was edited by: Todd Heberlein1

Server Admin can't see hard drive with user's Sites folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.