Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory brand for MacPro and calibration software for 23" Display

Just put in an order for a Mac Pro 2.66 to take advantage of the sales tax holiday in my state this weekend in addition to my education discount. I stayed with the stock 1 gig of memory and I am planning to order 4x1 gigs of memory in the next few days from New Egg. I am stuck between Crucial 1gbx2 for $176 (I'd get 2 kits) or Transcend 1gb for $69.99 each (I would get 4). I know that Crucial is considered the best of the bunch but I know that Transcend is also very good memory and is certainly cheaper. I don't want to 'skimp' on memory but Transcend has gotten good reviews from users who bought it for their MacBook Pro's. Just wondering what others here think of Transcend memory for the MacPro.
Transcend: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820208199

Crucial:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148046

Also, I am ordering Spyder2 but am not sure which to get - express or the regular Spyder2. I know that the latter will take care of printer profiles and eventually I may get an Epson R1800 - though I've read that Epson does its own profiles. I plan on calibrating a 23" hd display as well as my MacBook Pro but was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the non Express version in the event I may need to do profiling on the Epson (that is, if it's even necessary on the Epson).

Feedback, comments much appreciated! Thank you!

Message was edited by: olemed

PowerMac G4 Digital Audio with Sonnet 1.2ghz and 1gb RAM ; MBP (2 Ghz Core Duo), Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Aug 11, 2007 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2007 12:23 PM

User uploaded fileI would have no problem with either RAM manufacturer so go with which ever you are more comfortable with.
8 replies

Memory brand for MacPro and calibration software for 23" Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.