Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I duplicate row or column with formulas?

I've never been a big spreadsheet user but I recall being able to intuitively (the only time ever with a MS product) find a way to duplicate a row or column in Excel so that it would replicate the same formulas as the row/column immediately adjacent to it. Can this be done with Numbers?

Example: Say I've got a row that has values across with a Sum Total cell and an Average cell calculated with formulas. I'd like to add other rows below so they inherit the same formulas (referencing cells in the new rows). I'm already getting irritated just thinking about having to assign formulas over and over again with each new row.

I hope I'm just missing something obvious.

CA

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10), new Numbers user, 1.2 gb ram

Posted on Aug 11, 2007 3:19 PM

6 replies

Aug 11, 2007 7:47 PM in response to Folklorist

There is a duplicate command under the Edit Menu item. The short cut is the apple key and "D". However, I have the trial copy and it is grayed out. Meaning it is not working. I have my bought copy arriving next week. Hope this is not grayed out in the bought version. This is a deal breaker. I use this command all the time. They need to fix this right away.

How do I duplicate row or column with formulas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.