Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Template for a bookmark?

I want to create and print some bookmarks with a lot of text on it of info on various topics I want to remember and have notes on. How can I create this in Pages?
Thanks,
Meg

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 11, 2007 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2007 7:54 PM

Hi Meg, I've made bookmarks as giveaways to my massage clients; they have info about various types of massage, a book recommendation, etc.
I used an 8.5x11in sheet horizontally and divided it in 4, so you get 4 bookmarks per sheet, 8.5in tall. There's a picture and text on each bookmark; I had them quick copied on index stock and cut.

It shouldn't be too hard to set this up. Your needs will vary from mine. I didn't create mine with Pages, but with Canvas. I've started to build a template for the bookmarks in Pages and will post it when done.

Paul
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2007 7:54 PM in response to Cusack

Hi Meg, I've made bookmarks as giveaways to my massage clients; they have info about various types of massage, a book recommendation, etc.
I used an 8.5x11in sheet horizontally and divided it in 4, so you get 4 bookmarks per sheet, 8.5in tall. There's a picture and text on each bookmark; I had them quick copied on index stock and cut.

It shouldn't be too hard to set this up. Your needs will vary from mine. I didn't create mine with Pages, but with Canvas. I've started to build a template for the bookmarks in Pages and will post it when done.

Paul

Aug 24, 2007 5:05 AM in response to Cusack

Hi, Meg -

I just did bookmarks (I'm an author and include info on my releases). It's really easy. As mentioned, just set your page to horizontal with four columns and add your content -- text, images, whatever

I saved my file as a template so I can update at will. Also exported a copy as a pdf file and emailed it to my printer. He produces really slick bookmarks from that file.

Merline

Template for a bookmark?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.