400 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 13, 2007 2:49 AM by just_a_Guy
The only way I found is the following:
- create some extra columns, e.g. hour_start, hour_end, minute_start, minute_end
- in the hour_start column, extract the hour from the column in which you keep your start_time, in the hour_end extract the hour from the column in which you keep your end_time, etc...
- create two more extra columns: hours_diff and minutes_diff, and calculate the number of hours and number of minutes between start and end (remember is minute_end < minute_start, the diff = minute_end + 60 - minute_start)
- in your time_worked column, concatenate the results of hours_diff and minutes_diff with a ":" in between
- hide your hour_start, hour_end, minute_start, minute_end etc... columns
I hope there is a more obvious way, but I was just quickly playing with Numbers, and didn't find it right away so I used this work around.