Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Reinstalling Mac OS X, Iphoto Library Not visible

Due to G5 locking up on boot up, I had to reinstall OS X by saving old op system option. Upon restart with new OS X, when starting iphoto, I get an empty iphoto libary yet, the library is not found in my home pictures folder. I need to delete this folder so I can relocate the application to open my iphoto library located on an external hard disk.

I have serched everywhere for this empty iphoto library but cannot find it.

How can I get the iphoto appication to get program to open iphoto library on external drive??

Thanks for the help

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 14, 2007 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2007 12:38 PM

Brent,

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

How can I get the iphoto appication to get program to open iphoto library on external drive??

Close iPhoto. Hold down the Option key as you launch iPhoto. The dialog asks you to find a library or create a new one. Select "Find" (or Choose, depending on the version) and navigate to the iPhoto Library folder on your external drive.

Is the empty library folder in another User's folder, or the Shared folder? Have you tried a Finder Search?

Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2007 12:38 PM in response to Brent__1

Brent,

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

Close iPhoto. Hold down the Option key as you launch iPhoto. The dialog asks you to find a library or create a new one. Select "Find" (or Choose, depending on the version) and navigate to the iPhoto Library folder on your external drive.

Is the empty library folder in another User's folder, or the Shared folder? Have you tried a Finder Search?

Regards.

Aug 14, 2007 1:09 PM in response to Smtr

Thanks for saving the day!! I tried the option + starting iphoto and it allowed me to direct which disk has the iphoto library... Thanks

As for the first library, I did a finder directory search and it only found the iphoto library on the external disk. Not sure where the other library is??

Well, I'm back in business with my photo's..

Apple rocks

Thanks,

Brent

After Reinstalling Mac OS X, Iphoto Library Not visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.