Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Age of Empires 3 on MacBook (Windows/Parallels VM)

I am trying to run Age of Empires 3 in Windows (on Parallels) on my MacBook and am receiving the following message:

The error box says "Age of Empires III Error"

Your system does not appear ot meet the minimum requirements for Age of Empires III. Running the game on a system that does not meet the minimum
requirements may result in instability, graphics corruption, and/or severe preformance problems. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

(Then in a lower box)

Age of Empires III requires at least a 64 MB video card. This computer appears to have a 0 MB video card. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

System information: 2200 MHz, 512 MB, 0 MB (vendorID
1ab8, deviceID 1131)

Obviously I have a video card so this message confuses me, not to mention 1Gb of RAM.

I have a friend with and iMac who runs the program with no problem but he uses Bootcamp to run Windows. Is this problem due my running Windows on a VM as opposed to "directly" on my MacBook?

I could use some guidance on how to get this to run. I am a new Mac user and any help will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.9), 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb RAM 120 Gb HD

Posted on Aug 15, 2007 3:56 PM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2007 12:48 AM in response to el_nico

Hi and welcome to Discussions,

depending on what version of Parallels you have (2.5 or 3.0) you either have no Hardware 3D support (2.5) or limited to DirectX 8.1 (3.0).

Either way AOE III needs a bit more.

Though if you want to play it on you MB you have to consider using BootCamp, as it uses the MacBook hardware natively and not through virtualization like Parallels.

Here's the link for BootCamp and further informations: http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Have Fun

Stefan

Age of Empires 3 on MacBook (Windows/Parallels VM)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.