Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie

I just tried to use quick time to open mp4 on my PC (taken from my dopod/HTC pda phone), but NOW get "error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie". I used to be able to watch the vids, but no longer......

lenovo T60, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2007 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2007 6:00 PM

I have the exact same problem with videos coming from my HTC TyTN PDA Phone. I was shooting and sharing video of my daughter from this phone just fine, then the new Mac Quicktime updates and I can't watch any of them....very disappointing and frustrating!
50 replies

Aug 29, 2007 11:56 AM in response to usernamealreadytaken

I have the exact same problem. I have a PPC 6700, and now I can't view movies I created with it in mp4. If change extension file to 3GP video works just fine.
Also, when I try to see a webpage with a Quicktime video clip, I only get a Quicktime logo with a big question mark in it, but no play.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work.
I have Windows XP, and it worked fine until a couple weeks ago. Not sure if when upgrading to Quicktime 7.2, though.

Nov 1, 2007 6:29 AM in response to rrjj

I could view mp4 movies from my fiancée's NEC mobile fine before, but since upgrading to Leopard I can no longer view them and also get the error: An invalid sample description was found in the movie.

I hope someone can figure this out, or someone was able to contact Apple directly regarding this.

error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.