Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows drivers for Intel-based iMac

Hi,

I have installed Windows XP Home on my new Intel-based iMac. Windows and Windows-based applications run fine, but there seem to be missing drivers that prevent the computer from connecting to the internet when it is running Windows (we have a DSL cable modem); audio drivers are missing, too. Where, and how, can I download and install these missing drivers? Thanks for any advice or hints!

iMac (intel), Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 19, 2007 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2007 6:02 PM

You didn't say if Windows XP was installed in Boot Camp or Parallels.

If it's in Boot Camp make sure you used the right one. There are two versions of Boot Camp, one for Windows XP and one for Windows Vista. You have to run the driver installation CD in Windows after Windows is installed in Boot Camp.

If you're using Parallels make sure that the Windows Tools are installed by changing the window to OS Window mode and running Install Tools from the Action menu in Parallels.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2007 6:02 PM in response to 4designers

You didn't say if Windows XP was installed in Boot Camp or Parallels.

If it's in Boot Camp make sure you used the right one. There are two versions of Boot Camp, one for Windows XP and one for Windows Vista. You have to run the driver installation CD in Windows after Windows is installed in Boot Camp.

If you're using Parallels make sure that the Windows Tools are installed by changing the window to OS Window mode and running Install Tools from the Action menu in Parallels.

Aug 19, 2007 8:47 PM in response to capaho

Thanks for the questions, and the reminder! I had completely forgotten about the Windows drivers disk I had burned while installing Boot Camp during the lengthy Windows XP installation routine; there was no prompt for it after the Windows installation, either. I installed the drivers from the disk and all is well now. Thanks!

Windows drivers for Intel-based iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.