Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motorola HS850 headset

I have a motorola HS850 bluetooth headset and am unable to pair with my iphone (8G). any suggestions as how to pair it with my iPhone

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3), iPhone 8G

Posted on Aug 24, 2007 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2007 1:52 PM

I have the same headset and had no trouble pairing it at all. It took about 1 minute to pair. It doesnt work well though, terrible static. But I believe the phones causing it not the headset.
22 replies

Sep 6, 2007 7:16 PM in response to Dave Fries

I found this on another site. Worked great for me:

+Put the iPhone into pairing mode (Settings, General, Bluetooth) - Hold the phone butten (middle big one) on the HS850 until the light goes to a steady blue. Then QUICKLY unfold the mike. 0000 > the rest is self explanatory. However, does not seem to work with the iPod portion of the iPhone. Who'd need that anyway.+

Oct 3, 2007 4:04 PM in response to melihah

Btw I saw the other day in a newspaper advertisement for a store selling the Motorola S9 that they also have a Bluetooth Dongle that is compatible with iPod. (I think it costs about $20-$40 more on top of the cost of the headphones)

Does anyone know whether it also works with iPhone? If so, that would resolve this issue and may allow you to play music through the headphones too (not just take calls).

Oct 3, 2007 9:31 PM in response to itelphone

I am assuming the reason that the A2DP is not enabled is due to probable interference with the cell side of the device. Try plugging in a FM transmitter from your old I-Pod into your new I-Phone. You will get the nag screen saying it is not compatible unless you enable airplane mode. Do this and the transmitter works fine. The lower 800 - 900 mhz cell frequency causes interference with audio transmission........as anyone with a Nextel phone would be familiar with.
It is likely that the same interference would cripple the bluetooth headset also.

Jan 10, 2008 5:17 PM in response to Dave Fries

I experienced the same problems pairing the Motorola HS850 to my iPhone. Through trial and error I found the trick to it. You have to open the boom quickly after pressing and holding the talk button for 3 seconds. Once I did this, my iPhone instantly spotted the headset and now it's paired.

Step 1 turn iPhone bluetooth on, so that it is in searching mode
Step 2 press and hold call button on HS850
Step 3 open the mic boom right away (within 1-2 seconds)
Step 4 the iPhone should now spot the headset, select pair
Step 5 enter the universal code (0000) on the iPhone

Jan 10, 2008 8:16 PM in response to Dave Fries

I was able to pair my HS850 both phone and tunes on a blackberry but can only pair the phone part. This is clearly an apple issue. Some ask why you would want this? My HS850 is in my snowboard helmut and I bought it so I could listen to music and hear the phone ring. It is a nice setup with the blackberry. Does apple have a fix in the works?

Motorola HS850 headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.