Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open STP

I had STP open and tried to open a project. It failed to open. Now I can't get STP to launch at all. I trashed the plist, but whenever I try to launch it gets stuck on the splaqsh screen. The application appears to be open, but I if I go to create new audio file project, I get the properties dialog, and after I select the settings, nothing happens. No window apepars. If I try to go to a new multitrack project I get this message

An Unexpected Problem
NSInternalInconsistencyException
Invalid parameter not satisfying: m_mainWindow

Any suggestions on what to do? I supposes I'll have to reinstall the application, but as Apple has never bothered with an uninstaller, how do you go about installing one application from the suite? What do you have to dump to force the install discs to reinstall a single application?

Thanks very much.

All the best,

Tom

15" 2.4G MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 26, 2007 11:52 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2007 9:30 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I encountered the same issue just now; it seems to have been caused by a corrupt ... wait for it ... saved window layout. Of all things.

Trashing ~/Library/Application Support/Soundtrack Pro/Layouts/Soundtrack Pro.saved.moduleLayout appears to have fixed the problem. I'd previously trashed soundtrack-related files in ~/Library/Preferences, to no avail.

Oct 9, 2007 2:47 AM in response to JJSanderson

hi

yes, I had the same problem. I used custom window layouts in STP1 and they gave no errors, but they seem to be screwy in STP2. I now just use the default layout and open and close the panes using the buttons in the top right of the interface. I just drag the video window to my 2nd monitor and make it full screen - STP2 seems to remember this without the need to save a new screen layout and I haven't had that error message since.

look forward

gavin little
echolab
dublin, ireland

http://www.echo-lab.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1962022/

Can't open STP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.