Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publish Error

I can see that this has been mentioned before, but there doesn't seem to be any answers. Could I try mentioning it again?

Been publishing just fine in the new iWork. I published this morning (Danish time), then added a web widget thing and now I get; 'Publish Error. An unknown error occurred'.

My PowerBook fan runs like crazy after the message has appeared. So I checked my Activity Monitor and that shows that iWeb is using up to 87% of CPU (and is still doing so some 10 minutes after). I checked the 'Reads in/Writes Out' and the 'Data read/Data written' sections too and there seems to be stuff going on there too...so, I checked the site as it looks on the old interweb, and it HAS been published. The changes I was trying to make, after which the iWeb programme is saying it can't publish because of an 'unknkown error' ARE there and looking just lovely.

I seem to remember a lot of this sort of thing getting discussed around the time of the last iWeb update, where so many people complained, that Apple issued a .1 update to it. Then the solution was something to do with deleting a file from somewhere in the iWeb package, to make the programme think it had published (though I could be dreaming).

Anyone have a solution? Anyone remember what we did that last time?

Thanks.

PowerBook G4 17 2Gb Ram or suchlike, Mac OS X (10.4), It's lovely and silvery

Posted on Aug 26, 2007 12:37 PM

5 replies

Publish Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.