Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't add all songs--60 songs max!!!!

I noticed a few days ago that my ipod mini would not upload all of the songs that I was trying to download onto it. I went through the series that apple suggested and after I restored my ipod it will only add 50 songs. When it is syncing it says "adding 15 of 245" but it stops adding songs after 40 or so. What can I do to add more songs? What's wrong with my Ipod?

Gateway, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 26, 2007 6:21 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2007 6:27 PM in response to starblueangel

You might want to see if you can figure out if it's a specific song that's causing the sync to stop. Sometimes a corrupted file will cause a problem. As far as I know, there's no extremely easy way to do this. I would suggest you change your settings to have the iPod sync only a specific playlist. Break your library down into small playlists (10-20) songs. See if any specific playlist causes a problem. If so, break that playlist down and try again. If there is a corrupted file, this would enable you to determine which one it is.

Another possibility, turn off Show artwork on iPod. Corrupt artwork could also cause a problem.

Aug 26, 2007 6:38 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St_clair
I greatly appreciate you responding back to me. I've tried different play list with differnt songs and it will still only added a portion of the playlist, regardless of the songs. (ie I dont usually put the same song in more than one playlist). For example I tried a playlist with 10 songs and it only added 2. These same playlist were on the ipod before i restored it (like 3 hours ago) so I don't know why it wont put the songs back on there. Thanks again for the advice!

Won't add all songs--60 songs max!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.