Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari email attachment download

Everytime I open an email attachment (typically Word or Excel documents) the Downloads box pops up and displays the file I am trying to open as 'securedownload'. I then have to open the file from the desktop. Can I turn this off? I just want to click on an attachment and have it open.

Thanks

Message was edited by: bellesb

Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 27, 2007 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2007 5:31 AM

Hi bellesb:

I can find nothing in Safari that does that (there may be). However, it occurred to me that your mail platform might have some sort of parameter that would cause that behavior.

Barry
5 replies

Sep 29, 2007 5:54 AM in response to bellesb

Similar issue:

I am trying to download a photo attachment from my yahoo email account. The file uploads to my desktop but I get a message stating colorsync cannot open files of this type. It can open it if I change the name and add the .jpg extention but this is a irritating processs with a lot of photos. Please email me at crazyhorse@yahoo.com if there is a solution to this.

Safari email attachment download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.