Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crazy video problem... maybe memory or something else

hey everyone,

i've been having this problem for quite a wile but only now that i discovered this forum, so here it is:

When ever i'm doing something that requires a lot of memory, like playing a HD video or if i have may applications open at the same time i get this crazy effect on the screen...

it looks like some black pixels that keep changing position randomly, but sometimes what I get are little blue horizontal lines across the image, specially when using the playback feature on final cut pro editing HD videos...

It’s quite weird, sometime I can fix this by restarting the computer and closing a few applications, but with final cut I always get them, even if there is only the final cut pro open on the system

I have a Macbook pro 17” 2MB ram 100GB 7200rpm HD with core duo 2.16Ghz

Can any one point me on the right direction?

mac book pro 17", Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 27, 2007 11:44 PM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2007 11:52 AM in response to dankron

hi

didu tried to playback the same file with the quicktime player full screen?

do u get the same problems?

im asking while i have somekind the same problem but only in FCP!!!

for me its looking like a FCP and NVIDIA OSX driver problem - cause playing the same files on my system just through the quicktime app, there are no problems.

let me know - thank you!

crazy video problem... maybe memory or something else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.