Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Surge on USB hub port

I bought a Nano about a month ago. When I first hooked it up to my laptop, it worked fine. Now I can't get it to even connect. When I plug in the USB cable to any of my USB ports (with or without the Nano attached), I get the pop-up on the task bar that says there is a "Power surge on the USB hub port" and that I need to reset the port. I am assuming that there is some setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but I just can't find it in any of the Apple Support pages on the web.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Jeff

Dell Latitude D800, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Aug 28, 2007 6:24 AM

2 replies

Sep 13, 2007 1:52 AM in response to jlewis42

Hi - Had the same 'Power Surge on USB' problem - thought it was curtains as I could do nothing to get my 18 month old nano to sync or even charge from my computer. I did however manage to get it to charge from the mains with someone elses charger so I tried their sync cable into my computer and - hey presto! - everything back to normal! Then re-tried my sync cable and again 'Power Surge.....' - so maybe a new cable is the answer - hope it works for you - Good Luck

Power Surge on USB hub port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.