Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mighty Mouse on Windows

Hi there,

I just purchased Mighty Mouse wireless from Apple Center. Now i can used it perfect and don't have any problem yet but I have two OS which is Mac OS 10.4 and Windows XP (boot camp).. The problem here when I running on Windows, my Mighty Mouse can't work and detected.. I read the manual or what ever, Mighty Mouse wireless only can run on Mac OS X.. How I can used it on Windows from boot camp? Any suggestion? Help me.. Please.. Thanks..

Regards,

Amen..

iMac G3, iMac G4, Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.4.10), Mighty Mouse, Koolsink & 3D Worlds

Posted on Aug 28, 2007 8:12 AM

18 replies

Sep 11, 2007 12:55 PM in response to Amen

I had a similar problem on my mac pro machine. running osx 10.4.10 - i can get the mighty mouse and wireless apple keyboard to be recognized in windows... have to go to bluetooth setup in the control panel - similar to setting up in mac... however my problem is that when you switch between the two platforms the mighty mac and keyboard have to be set up each time you go to windows... it's as if it doesn't remember them or can't locate them... so switching back to corded keyboard and mouse I think... not too much help sorry...

Oct 18, 2007 5:14 PM in response to Amen

Mighty Mouse just arrived two days ago from Apple User Group Center - here is my issue:

MM is discovered in MAC environ. & not in the windows <boot camp> environ.
The same with wireless keyboard at first, but then it was just a matter of turning on and off the keyboard to be discovered I guess, I tried everything with the mighty wireless mouse & nothing.
Where can I search to find somewhere to enter preferences on the windows environ to try and fix issue?

Oct 23, 2007 3:38 PM in response to Amen

This guide is to help Apple users connect their wireless keyboard and mouse with Windows Vista. The following system requirements must be met before proceeding:

1. Apple Computer with Bluetooth Connectivity
2. BootCamp with Windows Vista (Home, Premeium, Ultimate, etc)
3. Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mighty Mouse

**We're going to configure one wireless device at a time.**

A. Setting up your Mac (in Windows) to connect to your Mouse:

1. Cick on Start (bottom left corner), then select Control Panel.
2. Click on Bluetooth Devices, this will now open the Bluetooth Devices window.
3. Enable (turn on) your Bluetooth Wireless Mouse (bottom of Mighty Mouse).
4. Click the Add button in the Bluetooth Devices window.
5. Check the selection box 'My device is setup and ready to be found'.
6. Click Next, your computer will search for devices within range.
7. Your mouse should appear with 'your name - new device' under the label.
8. Click on your mouse, then click Next.
9. The next screen is for the passkey, leave the default item selected 'Choose passkey for me'.
10. Click Next, your computer will pair with the Mouse now.
11. Windows Vista will now install the device and necessary drivers.
12. Click finish.

Now you will notice that you may have no movement from your mouse. If you have movement please do not read section B. Section C has keyboard configuration with your Mac.

B. Configuring Bluetooth Services for your Wireless Mouse.

1. Please navigate to your Bluetooth Devices window again (panel stil may be open).
2. You will see your mouse here, this is normal.
3. Click on the mouse and then click the Properties button lower right hand corner.
4. You will see two tabs on this scree 'General' and 'Services'. Click on the Services tab.
5. Give the computer and minute and will search for services within your Bluetooth mouse hardware.
6. Check the box 'Driver for keyboard. mouse. etc (HID)'.
7. Finally, click the Apply button. Your computer will install 'Bluetooth HID Device' drivers again.
8. Click OK button to close the keyboard properties window. Click OK again to close the Bluetooth Devices window.
9. You will now have movement of your mouse.

C. Setting up your Mac (in Windows) to connect to your Keyboard:

1. Cick on Start (bottom left corner), then select Control Panel.
2. Click on Bluetooth Devices, this will now open the Bluetooth Devices window.
3. Enable (turn on) your Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard (bottom of Keyboard).
4. Click the Add button in the Bluetooth Devices window.
5. Check the selection box 'My device is setup and ready to be found'.
6. Click Next, your computer will search for devices within range.
7. Your keyboard should appear with 'your name - new device' under the label.
8. Click on your keyboard, then click Next.
9. The next screen is for the passkey, leave the default item selected 'Choose passkey for me'.
10. Click Next, you will be prompted to enter the passkey on your keyboard OR the passkey will automatically configure the keyboard for Windows.
11. Windows Vista will now install the device and necessary drivers.
12. Click Finish.

D. Configuring Bluetooth Services for your Wireless Keyboard.

1. Please navigate to your Bluetooth Devices window again (panel stil may be open).
2. You will see your keyboard here, this is normal.
3. Click on the mouse and then click the Properties button lower right hand corner.
4. You will see two tabs on this scree 'General' and 'Services'. Click on the Services tab.
5. Give the computer and minute and will search for services within your Bluetooth keyboard hardware.
6. Check the box 'Driver for keyboard. mouse. etc (HID)'.
7. Finally, click the Apply button. Your computer will install 'Bluetooth HID Device' drivers again.
8. Click OK button to close teh keyboard properties window. Click OK again to close the Bluetooth Devices window.
9. You will now have key input from your wireless keyboard.

This should do it! Sorry for all the steps, but I wanted to be sure to get all them for everybody.

Thanks!

- Adrian

Nov 13, 2007 1:01 PM in response to PCTechGuru

Hi Guru,

Your procedure is working relly fine...but when i reboot my MacBook Pro or turn off my mighty mouse, i must set it up agan. Vista cant detect the wireless mighty mouse alone.

It's look like he cant remember the security key or something like that.

What can i do for this?

Sry, for my poor english.

Merci beaucoup 🙂

Luc St-laurent

Mighty Mouse on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.