5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2007 10:27 AM by JoeyR
job929 Level 1 Level 1
I noticed the other day that my dog has gone and chewed the cord on my magsafe power supply. The damaged area is on the extension piece of cord that can be swapped onto the actual power supply in order to extend the cords length. Is it possible to purchase just this piece of cord as apposed to completely new power supply?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)
  • yaume Level 3 Level 3
    It's not a stand-alone item (as far as the apple store is concerned). But since it's only (as you point out) a simple extension cord, a regular one would do the trick. You'd have to use the prongs from the brick itself.
    I just realized I'm giving advice on how to use an extension cord... lol
  • no_read_no_write Level 2 Level 2
    yaume is right you can not purchase the extension cord alone.

    however there are some options you can make.

    1. post on the net for those who got their magsafe adapter burned maybe they would be willing to sell the extension cord only. (or perhaps give it free)

    2. get an electrical tape and blade and fix the chewed part, though it would not look nice it can still be used. (if you like extra wires to make the cord longer)
  • JMF Level 3 Level 3
    $6 on eBay right now after a quick search. That's not too bad.
  • job929 Level 1 Level 1
    Thanks for the help guys!
  • JoeyR Level 6 Level 6
    You might also try giving Apple a call. Granted, it's not a regular "for sale" item... but they may be able to special order you one. I would imagine it would end up costing a bit more than the few $$ the earlier post mentioned on eBay though.