Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dash Monitor Widget help

I have OSX 10.4.10 and I downloaded and tried out the Dash Monitor widget found here:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/status/dashmonitors.html

I somehow now have two installation files. One works fine, the other I've tried to delete but all I get is errors such as "MTKNetwork is in use", "MTKMemory is in use", "MTKDisc is in use", "MTKCPU is in use" and the "The operation cannot continue because the item 'mtk' is in use". If I try and install it, I get an error that it is not a valid widget and I cannot install it.

I extracted the installation file again from the original zip file and I can install and delete that without a problem.

Can anyone help?

Macbook Pro 15", 2.16GhZ, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10), I'm newish to Mac after 'leaving' Windows and it's (sometimes) great!

Posted on Aug 30, 2007 7:41 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2007 8:24 AM in response to Ian on iTunes

It sounds like you may be having problems because the Dash Monitors widget you are attempting to remove is the one that is open on your Dashboard. Try closing Dash Monitors and then emptying your trash to see if that helps. That should work, but if it still gives you an error, try logging out and back in again, or as a last resort restart your Mac.

Hope this helps.

Mike Piatek-Jimenez - Dash Monitors Developer

Aug 31, 2007 1:02 PM in response to mikepj

Thast's the one. Thanks Mike! I'm suprised to find you're not previously an Apple Discussions user.

I found the Dash Monitors widget a bit too big for me and I've got another system analysis widget running which was what was causing the problem. Stopping that widget meant I could delete the Dash Monitor widget.

Ideally what I need is two (or three!) Dashboards and for the dashboard to darken more or remove the background.

Dash Monitor Widget help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.