Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes software license agreement screen keeps coming up when opening itune

Hey, last week, I started my computer and opened itunes and the itunes software license agreement screen comes up that says agree or decline. I clicked agree and then it has two boxes checked for it to find unprotected wma files and another box that has something like aac written in it. Anyway, I open it up and all my songs and playlists, are gone. It keeps doing that. Every time I open itunes, the agreement screen comes up and there are no songs in playlists. What the heck happened? And how the heck do I get it back to normal?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 1, 2007 9:35 AM

8 replies

Sep 2, 2007 10:31 AM in response to itunesproblem1000000000

Open the My Music folder in My Documents.
Odds are your iTunes music is still there.
Copy all the music to some place safe, like an external usb drive or at least another folder on your desk top if it's too much to burn to disk.
Make sure you've got all your account information written down.
Now just de-authorize the computer and uninstall iTunes, while you're at it run this : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

Now download a fresh copy of iTunes and save to disk and install it from there.
Recreate your account with the information you wrote down.
Re-authorize the computer and point iTunes to where you've got the music stashed and tell it to import the folder.
You'll probably have to re-do your play lists but you should be good to go.

Sep 2, 2007 2:25 PM in response to Pamela Gadsden

Thanks so much for the reply. Here is what happened: I wasn't too sure on what you meant by account information. Did you mean my apple id and password. That's all that I remembered. I don't know where there is any other account information. I deauthorized the computer underneath the Store tab. Uninstalled it. Installed that program via your link, and saw that all my iTunes had been uninstalled after I uninstalled it, so there was nothing left to be removed using that program. Went to the website, downloaded iTunes 7. Again..not sure about the account re-creation, re-authorized the computer the same way I de-authorized it. Loaded my songs onto it, closed it, re-opened it, and to my dissapointment, the same screen came up, iTunes license software agreement, I agreed, iTunes opened, and voila...again no music present, all deleted again. If you could be of further assistance that would be muchl appreciated.

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2007 6:36 PM in response to itunesproblem1000000000

I installed an update on the Aug. 30 and had to use safe mode to load a restore point afterwards ( Something killed DLL files that had been just fine till then. ).
If your iTunes problems started then you may need to do that also.
Make sure you move your music some place safe, off the computer, before you do this.
It shouldn't harm them but why invite further problems?

itunes software license agreement screen keeps coming up when opening itune

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.