Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swap primary and presenter displays?

I have a presentation on my laptop. Would like to show it on a big screen which is connected through mini-DVI-VGA. That gives me 2 displays: built in laptop screen + external bigscreen (no mirroring!).

Obviously I want to show the main pres on the external display.
It seems Keynote doesn't let me do that. For some reason it insists to show the main feature on my laptop and give me the presenter notes on the external one. Where is the logic in that?!
It should be the other way around! How can I swap the roles of the screens?

Is there no way for this? I'm surprised.

thanks
Greg

iBook 12", Mac OS X (10.4.10), iLife '06

Posted on Sep 2, 2007 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2007 8:45 AM

Hitting the "X" key in Presentation mode will switch your displays.
5 replies

Sep 12, 2007 7:03 PM in response to kwal0992

I'm having the same problem. I have a presentation tomorrow night (9/13/07) and I'm using an Infocus LP350 projector.

I go to system prefs and displays and there is NO box or tab for me to check for mirroring so the keynote presentation will goto the screen.

I really want to do this slideshow tomorrow night -not TALK to my audience! 🙂

Pam

Sep 12, 2007 7:33 PM in response to Pamela41

what machine are you running this on? Older iMacs and iBooks only do mirroring without a software hack. ANything else can have mirroring turned off in the system prefs or in the menu bar if you have the monitor icon showing there.

If you have mirroring ON, you get your slides on both screens, not all that bad. If you have it off, you must set Keynote to display the slideshow on the secondary screen, and then turn on the presenter view if you want to see what's going on on your laptop screen.

Sep 13, 2007 7:50 AM in response to Pamela41

Infocus LP350 works fine with all MacBooks and older iBooks (need to add hack to the iBooks). I have used that combination reliably with Keynote for years.

Explanation:
http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2004/10/imacscreenspanning/index.php

Download the hack:
http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

Make a small donation. It's great to have the spanning ability. It has never caused a problem for me on four iBooks.

Swap primary and presenter displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.