Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding Size of iPhoto LIbrary

How do I find the size of my whole iPhoto library. There is no get info on iphoto which would make it easy. (DUMB!) Can anyone help me figure out the total size of my whole iPhoto library, not just one photo but everything? Thanks.

imac

Posted on Sep 2, 2007 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2007 8:09 PM

Dean,

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

Actually, it is as simple as finding the size of any folder. Select the iPhoto Library folder in the Finder and do File > Get Info or type Command-i. The info window reports the total size of the folder.

Please be aware that you are not meant to open the iPhoto Library folder (via the Finder), root through its innards, or tamper with its contents in any way, as damage to your library could result.

Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2007 8:09 PM in response to Dean L Gossett

Dean,

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

Actually, it is as simple as finding the size of any folder. Select the iPhoto Library folder in the Finder and do File > Get Info or type Command-i. The info window reports the total size of the folder.

Please be aware that you are not meant to open the iPhoto Library folder (via the Finder), root through its innards, or tamper with its contents in any way, as damage to your library could result.

Regards.

Sep 3, 2007 10:38 AM in response to Dean L Gossett

Dean,

If you're suddenly getting lots of messages, then you've probably subscribed to an entire category. Click on "My Subscriptions" in the box to the right of this thread. (You have to be logged in to the Apple Discussions first.) Once there, you will see a subscription list. At the top of the list if you see "Subscribed by Category" and "Category Name" then click the blue link to the category (ex: iPhoto 6, iPhoto '08). Once taken to the Category page, you will see a blue circle with an i beside the statement: "You are watching this category. To remove this watch, click 'Stop Watching Category' below. Look 2 lines down, next to the binoculars, and click "Stop Watching Category." Do this for all categories in your Subscriptions list.

If that doesn't help, then read a few of the emails. They begin by describing the subscription which generated the email. This will tell you whether you are subscribed to a Topic, Category, or User. Once identified, you should be able to navigate to that item and turn the subscription off.

If you need more assistance with this, please let me know.

Regards.

Finding Size of iPhoto LIbrary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.