Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

upgrade internal GB

524 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 3, 2007 3:15 AM by Adrian Clarke1 RSS
wisconsinplaymakers Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 3, 2007 12:43 AM
Can i add internal GB to my iBook G4? Need more room, but don't want to have to haul around an external HD
iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)
  • Adrian Clarke1 Level 4 Level 4 (3,580 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2007 3:15 AM (in response to wisconsinplaymakers)
    You cannot 'add' internal GB other than by replacing the HD, an option that I am considering now that my AppleCare has nearly expired. If you decide to go this route get the largest HD that you can afford. The iBook takes 2.5" (P)ATA/IDE interface, the max currently available, I think, is 160GB.
    DIY fitting instructions can be found at iFixit.com but not an enterprise for the fainthearted.

Good luck,

Adrian
    iBook G4 1.07GHz, 30 GB, AE, 768mb; & iMac 17" 'Igloo' G4: 768mb, 80 GB, SD, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Belkin WiFi F5D7632, LaCie Porsche Portable 80GB, Prolific 120GB

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.