Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtone Sham

Dear Apple,

I'm one of those people who has supported you relentlessly over the years. Ok, I might have relented a bit during those Gil Amelio years when it looked pretty bleak, but I held on. Now I find with a simple function like ringtones you're acting more like Microsoft than ever.

I am accustomed to being able to add any sound I like as a ringtone to my phone. I don't purchase music and add it to my phone though if I did I'm positive the iTunes method would be a good one.

I have one simple non-music verbal tone that I use as a ring tone. A female voice states, "you have a call." For individuals I have the same voice announce the name of the person, i.e. "Steve Jobs is calling."

It's my phone and that's how I like to use it, but YOU take it upon YOURSELVES to wipe out MY ringtones everytime I sync my phone since iTunes 7.4.

How dare you.

Each day I grow more and more dismayed over these attempts to control my behavior with regard to the iPhone.

These may be baby steps on your path but you are stepping onto the same long road that has led Microsoft to becoming one of the most disliked companies on the planet.

I urge you to reconsider your behavior. It's not Apple like at all. I find this FAR more annoying than DRM which you made almost a non-issue for me because I never had to think about it.

Stop deleting my freaking ringtones.

iPhone

Posted on Sep 6, 2007 9:18 AM

There are no replies.

Ringtone Sham

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.