Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard

wireless keyboard the volume up down mute and eject buttons stop working
all the numbers work fine has this happened to anyone in the last week don't know if if was from an update Thanks John

intel imac 17in, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 7, 2007 4:11 AM

8 replies

Nov 12, 2007 1:55 AM in response to john0786

Hi there.

I have the same Problem with the eject button. Others work fine. I am not sure if it stopped working, or if it never worked. Would be nice to have this fixed.

Another thing: What about righ clicks with the mighty mouse. How can i check if it works? I have the feeling it does exactly the same than the left click! For example: when i double right click on a file it opens the file. rightclicking a file once just marks it.. so al the same as with the left click. ctr.-click works fine though...
I am new to Mac, so i don't know how it should be...

Nov 12, 2007 2:34 AM in response to Britzel

Hello and Welcome to Apple Discussions.

Make sure that in  menu > System Preferences... > Speech > Speech Recognition tab that the Listening Key is not set to eject ⏏.

<hr width="200">

Right click should do the same as ctrl + click i.e.. work just like a right click on Windows. Navigate to  menu > System Preferences... > Keyboard & Mouse > Mouse tab. Make sure that you have "+Secondary Button+" set on the mouse.

User uploaded file

Click to enlarge.

cheers

mrtotes

Nov 12, 2007 3:01 AM in response to john0786

thx a lot.didn't come to the simple idea to check the mouse preferences 😉. right click works fine now! eject button issue is still there.

I have to add, that the eject button itself seems to work. i can e.g. use the combination: alt cmdeject to put the iMac to sleap mode. It just doesn't through out DVDs from the DVD drive.

Nov 12, 2007 3:29 AM in response to Britzel

Britzel wrote:
I have to add, that the eject button itself seems to work. i can e.g. use the combination: alt cmdeject to put the iMac to sleap mode. It just doesn't through out DVDs from the DVD drive.

Odd. Here's a temporary fix: go to Macintosh HD > System > Library > Coreservices > Menu Extras > Eject.menu. Double click this to place an eject menu on the Menu Bar which persists in most applications. If you want to remove it in the future simply hold down the Apple  / Command ⌘ key and drag it out of the menu bar.

mrtotes

P.S. Since Mac OS 10.4.9 you have to hold down the Eject key for about a second for it to actually work as an eject:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305268

Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.