Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double click question for iPhone

On some websites I need to double click on an icon to get to the next section. Safari on the iPhone will not allow this, as the web browser simply zooms in. Why have two zoom features(double tap and pinch?) I find pinching a much more accurate way to zoom, and double tap an excellent way to select function. Is there any way or setting to fix this? Thanks...

iMac G5, Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 9, 2007 9:59 AM

10 replies

Oct 1, 2007 12:32 PM in response to Tony Cordaro

Here's some sample js - hopefully this form doesn't kill it:

<pre>
var previous_date = new Date();
function doubleClick(e) {
var e = e || window.event;
var date = new Date();
if (date - previous_date < 500) {
console.log('Double Click');
// You could then inspect the event to find out which element was double clicked here
} else {
console.log('Single Click');
}
previous_date = date;
}
document.onclick = doubleClick;

document.ondblclick = function(e) {
var e = e || window.event;
console.log('Real Double Click');
}
</pre>

Oct 3, 2007 10:06 PM in response to bigsweatshirt

I'm confused....
How does this Java script answer the question (How do we double-click using iPhone Browser?).

Also, why is it that everytime this question is asked, people jump in and say "you don't need to double-click". WE DO. Some web sights require it.

So, if somebody knows how an average user can double-click on an item from the iPhone, please let us know.

Oct 3, 2007 10:25 PM in response to angeldandruff

The one I know of happens to be my company's internal website. Cannot give access.
Sounds like other people also use sites that required a double-click. I'm sure if you look, you'll find several Java routines that distinguish between single and double clicks. They do exist.

The point is, a computer with a mouse CAN double-click. But can the iPhone?

Double click question for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.